A History of Wolverton and District Volume 2
ISBN: 978-1-909054-47-9 (hardcover)
ISBN: 978-1-909054-54-7 (hardcover)
In 1838 the chance location of a maintenance workshop on the the London to Birmingham Railway transformed Wolverton from a small agricultural settlement into a small industrial tow, By 1900 the town had grown into one of the largest towns in Buckinghamshire, second only to High Wycombe. This volume takes the story of the district from 1838 to the outbreak of war in 1914.